In this hot summer, one of the most important thing to fear is the heat wave. Living in cities like Bhubaneswar, Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad in this Summer may be very dangerous. Staying cool in this hot weather is very important. We have mentioned how you can keep yourself protected from the heat wave and stay safe.
Effects and Early Symptoms of Heat wave
What are the symptoms by which you can understand that you are getting affected by the heat wave ? This is an important question as in order to beat the effect of this heat wave, you need to understand that you are early symptoms. Mentioned below are some of the important factors to keep in mind:
- You may get some headache
- You may feel excessive tireness
- Chances are there when you may faint
- Cramps in legs and other parts of the body
- Feeling of vomiting/diarroheoea.
- People may even die.
Heat wave Safety Tips
- Try to avoid the heat as much as possible.
- Stay inside, and don’t go out.
- Start early from your home for your office.
- If you are staying at home, try to keep your room cool. Use reflectors in your windows
- Wear lose clothes
- Avoid black and other dark/deep colors.’
- Use sunscreen and put on light colored dress.
Heat wave Precautions You Should Take
- Keep Water bottles with you
- If you feel unwell, don’t panic. Drink as much fluid as possible.
- Avoid intake of caffeine and alcohol.
- Take shower daily.
- When working outside under the Sun, try to work in a group so that you can observe your coworkers and vice versa.
Other things to keep in Mind to keep yourself protected from this Heat wave
- Get good sleep.
- Drink more fluids.
- Keep a check on your weight.
- Exercise/Yoga – One hour meditation/yoga/exercise in the early morning can keep your mind and body healthy.
- Avoid junk food as it may higher the increase of dehydration.
- Intake of Glucose water is must.
- Drink butter milk/ add curd in your meal.
Stay safe from Heat wave: Do’s and Don’ts
- Eat less but eat more number of times. Don’t keep your stomach full.
- Drink a minimum of 3.5 litres a day to keep your liver and body clean.
- If you are into physical work, take break from your work after every half an hour,
- You are advised to take a shower before you go to bed.
- Avoid high protein foods.
Should you be Worried ?
If you are living in a place where temperature is above 35, then yes, you should be worried. There are some places in India where the temperature increases to 45 degree and above. Even cities like Jaiselmar tocuhes 53 degree Celsius. Since now you know how to protect yourself safe from heat wave, try to keep yourself cool and healthy.